Monday, January 12, 2015

Goebal Tree Farm 2014

{excuse the fuzzy photos. not really sure what happened with my phone camera. probably user error}
 Each year that we are celebrating Christmas at home we take a trip to Goebal Tree Farm in Darmstadt Indiana. It's a huge Christmas tree farm where you can tag your tree and have it cut for you. This year (with Ryker's arrival) we never got the chance to tag a tree ahead of time.
We looked through the tree farm and every time I would find a tree I loved, it already had a tag on it. We looked and looked and looked. 


While looking for a tree, Morgan decided to choose her own tree. She said she needed her very own Christmas Tree. Adorable! She found this tree. I'm glad I got this photo before breaking bad news to her. When we didn't buy it she started crying. It was so cute the way she reacted. I love her.


It got dark quickly and we ran out of light for choosing a tree to cut down this year. So we headed back to the barn to call it a day. We would just have to come back the following day. Well while we were in the barn, we spotted tons of pre-cut trees. I was so excited! I looked around for about 3 seconds before spotting the perfect tree for our house.

Now, anyone who knows me knows I'm super picky about certain things. A Christmas tree is one of those things! I needed a tree to be tall but not skinny. Not too fat. No broken limbs or dying backside. I mean after all when you pay for a nice tree, you should get a nice tree. Kale kept picking lovely trees while we were outside and would get flustered every time I told him "too skinny" or "too fat". 

So when I chose the tree for 2014, he was sort of excited. Excited that I FINALLY spotted "THE" tree :)

We measured and made sure it would fit our ceilings. We have 9 ft ceilings and I wanted a tree that would ultimately fit right up to the ceiling with the tree topper. A 9 ft tree is exactly what I got!
It was our first Douglas Fir. I loved it! Small soft needles and just beautiful.
 I WAS THRILLED. I couldn't wait to get this tree home for decorations!



THEN.......



The baby woke up :)




So we fed the baby and were on our way!
THEN.......
This happened! Seriously Kale. Seriously?
We started down the road the the tree started to shift while on the roof. So Kale's solution? Opening the sun roof and holding the tree with his hand to keep it from sliding around. I sure do love him when he improvises in such ways....NOT.


When we finally got our tree home...it was so pretty. We were starting to get into the Christmas Spirit.



~ The Shank Family

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished