Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mommy and Ladybug Retire

A photo recap of our precious little Ladbug!


We Love You Ladybug



I am officially retired! I gave notice to my employer last week and explained the circumstances. She kindly agreed that it would be a safe move. I was supposed to finish out the month working and then take my leave. Well, my boss called back and told me if I wanted to (I didn't have to) I could work the weekend and be done. She already had a replacement standing by. I thought about it and immediately said yes. I would rather not risk this pregnancy for a few more paychecks. It's really not worth it.

I can now be home for the boys.I also get the pleasure of returning to church every weekend. I was missing church due to working every weekend. Clean, cook, sew, and rest...rest...rest will be my goals over the next few months. This is great. I knew this day would come eventually but didn't expect it so soon. I am still having contractions here and there but nothing to the point of having to be admitted to hospital again.

I guess from here on out it's just me and my Ladybug. We will get lots of rest. We will do a lot of growing (for her) and weight gaining (for me). It's inevitable that I will gain more weight for the remaining of this pregnancy than I wanted to being that I cannot exert myself in ANY way. This includes the gym, walking long distances, riding a bike and most activities. I have put myself on bed rest with the occasional clean, cook and sew. Oh and to use the bathroom and eat. Other than that we are going to be resting. I really hope this helps Ladybug cook in the oven a LOT longer. We have about 15 weeks left until she arrives.  Stay and grow my little Ladybug!

I will probably be blogging your eyes out in the months to come. Can't help it. I am turning into a blogger! I also can't wait to get started on some of these sewing projects I have in store for Ladybug. I might be delayed thanks to a special, cute, handsome, mischievous 5 year old who has changed all the settings on my sewing machine! GRRR! But I love him!

More to Come

Love ,
The Shank Family

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished