Monday, August 8, 2011

Tyler's First Day in Kinder

Our little one is getting BIG! He had his first day of Kindergarten last Thursday. I was an emotional wreck! We had a great morning! Tyler and I got to eat breakfast together as we do most mornings. He brushed his teeth without being asked (which was surprising). He was very excited over his new back back and lunch box. Tyler loves Cars -the movie.

Here are some photos to present Mr. Tyler Shank for his First day of Kinder:

Showing off his new backpack


The car ride - he couldn't wait to get out of the car! It took 4 tries to get this pic


And Tyler in his classroom



I was so proud of Tyler when he waited patiently at his new desk for the teacher to re-write his "Shank" name on all of his school stuff. It was listed with his other name but I explained to the teacher that he would need to learn to write his name as Tyler Shank. She agreed and made the changes. I was a very happy mommy knowing it wouldn't be as confusing for him when the adoption is finalized.

I took lots of pictures of Tyler while we were in his new classroom. We even took a small tour of Mrs. Hamilton's room and did some counting. He was very excited to be in Kindergarten.


______________________________________________________________________________




This isn't something I wanted to put in our blog but Kale insisted that for memories sake - we could look back on this one day knowing our Kindergartner was "kicked out" his first day of school. Yes, Tyler had to leave the school on his first day. His medication wore off and he was a little Tyrant!

Tyler is on medication for ADHD which is the Hyperactivity Disorder. He is not on enough medication but being he was o.k. at Preschool only taking 7.5mg, I decided I was o.k. with that. I have never been one to agree with medication. I always thought to myself that we could teach him to control himself. Well, it's not necessarily true. He has this non-stop motor inside of him that just doesn't stop. The medication helps with this and then the normal behaviors of a 5 year old is then our responsibility as parents. So, he missed school Friday and will miss school today. We have an appointment this afternoon to talk to his Doctor about increasing the dosage of his medication and possibly some techniques that can help Tyler to calm down.

I feel for Tyler in all of this mess and a lot of these problems aren't his fault. But with the right dose of medication, some discipline and Love I believe our new little Kindergartner will do just fine.

We love our Tyler anyways and will be making lots of adjustments to his daily schedule, discipline, responsibilities, and the everyday attention he will need to receive from both Kale and myself to help out with this disorder.

We pray that we can get the dosage right and that our efforts as his parents help with this disorder.


More to Come,

Love The Shank Family


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished