Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Eggplant - 26 Weeks


26 Weeks and 3 Days Pregnant with Ladybug
 
 


Ladybug Update:

Ladybug is steadily growing. She is getting bigger. Her kicks are getting stronger. She now likes to roll her hands and feet across the inside of my belly. Sometimes these kicks are so uncomfortable but exciting at the same time. It's weird when I say ouch smiling.

I was able to touch her foot not but a week ago. If I am not mistaken: her foot is about as long as the top of my thumb. Her foot is about an inch and a half. This is my best guest...So sweet! Kale finally got to feel her foot earlier tonight. He still gets all eewy goowey on me. Silly man!


Mommy Update:

I have no idea how much I weigh right now. Probably a TON.

Clothes other than maternity that I have been able to wear so far throughout this pregnancy are getting tight. Like my pajama pants, pajama shorts and my comfy workout pants. So it looks like I am going to have to go shopping for some things. I passed up the oppertunity last week thinking I didn't want to spend the money but looks like I am going to have to.

I am having a lot of trouble sleeping at night. It's like this last few weeks I've been awake while everyone else is sleeping. I toss and turn. I take a warm bath. Nothing seems to help. And the little squirt decides that she is going to be most active when I am trying to sleep. She just wakes up and goes to town. Kicking, rolling, punching and squirming away. Go to sleep Ladybug!!!!!!

I have had really crazy days lately. One day I am full of energy. Cleaning and doing laundry. I am like a supermom throughout the house. Then I have days like today where I am just exhausted, tired, and feeling the physical heaviness of this pregnancy. At the beginning of this pregnacy, I had no trouble taking a nap. But it seems like this last few weeks I get really tired. I mean to the point of becoming non-functional. But I cannot sleep!  My hormones are all wacked out. I feel for Kale at this point! Poor guy tries everything to please me and I am so not with the program.

The contractions are getting less and less. With being at home and being able to rest, I have noticed a change in the duration and amount of contractions I am having. They are weak.They are just your regular, normal Braxton Hicks Contractions. This is great. Grow ladybug Grow! I have faith that we will make the rest of this pregnancy and hoping at the same time it goes fast.

My famous quote : Kale usually works a lot. He got a nice break from work about a week ago and we got to hang out all day. He noticed that I was constantly snacking. He looked at me and said, "Baby, are you hungry?" I said,"no, I am just snacking." He laughed at me so hard I actually got mad. I kept telling him to not laugh at me. But when he pointed out the contradiction - I had no other choice but to laugh too.  I was hungry. I was eating. I don't know where that came from. Just another funny thing I have said throughout this pregnancy to make Kale laugh.

One thing I have also noticed about this pregnancy is that EVERYTIME Ladybug starts kicking, I get super excited. I mean super excited. I HAVE to show Kale and the boys. They both get equally excited to see Ladybug moving around so much. This is definitely the most active pregnancy I have ever had. She is just so awake and so active. I wish she would leave me some of that energy!

Foods I love the most:

  • Cereal! All kinds of cereal. My favorites: cinnamon toast crunch, honey combs, fruit loops, and Oh's. Oh's are my all time favorite. Seriously - if you touch my box of Oh's I will hurt you!
  • Cold fruit.  naval oranges, pineapples, strawberries
  • Eggs and toast w/jelly
  • Deli Sandwiches. My favorite: Jimmy Johns Subs. Cold turkey, avacado, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and mayo!
  • McDonalds Sweet Tea with Extra Ice.
  • BBQ anything. I love BBQ sauce. My favorite: RIBS!!! with extra BBQ sauce
  • Chocolate Chip Cookies. Not just any cookie though. It has to be the Walmart cheapos. LOVE them!
  • Blueberry Pancakes
  • Nacho Cheese Doritos. I go back and forth to the cabinet eating out of the bag.
Ladybugs Due Date:

I still have my due date being November 28, 2011. This is my scheduled c-section date. I am also making arrangements with family and friends for the birth of our new baby girl. We are getting things lined up for family and friends to visit. We will keep everyone posted on this date.

We are currently 13 weeks away and counting down. So much to do!!!

We have Grandma Weycker and Grandma Rush first on the scene. Grandma Weycker will come visit about a week or so before ladybugs due date. This will give me the time to finish up things for Ladybug's arrival , some much needed rest, and help with the boys. This will also give me the hands on help I will need after this surgery. She can snuggle with baby while Kale helps me take and bath, get dressed, and get around the house in one piece. I will need them both after this surgery!

Grandma Rush will be here as well for the birth of her new granddaughter (hopefully) We still need to call and make this arrangement. She will get lots of snuggle time too and be able to spend time with the boys.

Then Grandma and Grandpa Pekarek, my brother, his wife and kids will be visiting shortly after for the Christmas Holidays.  This will also allow us to give our boys more attention while the grandparents snuggle with the baby.

Then we are hoping somewhere in this big mix that we will get a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Shank! Still making arrangements!

I also have a dear friend and bridesmaid - Beth - who is going to come help clean the house. Everyone will  be so busy taking care of me and the baby after this surgery.  Thank you so much Beth for being there for us while we welcome our newest addition.

We love everyone soooo much. We can't wait to introduce our new little girl to every one! We will definitely have to Skype!! If you don't have Skype - GET IT! Please sign up for a Skype account whenever you have the time. We love to Skype and the kids would love to start seeing our families more. Even if it is over the internet.



Daddy Update:

Kale is doing wonderful. He is a wonderful father and husband. He has been helping me so much.

I always need him to push me by my butt when walking upstairs. It's funny but I will usually wait for him to help give me that extra push if he is around.

I have also gotten stuck laying flat on the floor. This is hillarious. I really can't get up some days. So tired and out of energy. O.k. maybe I am just taking advantage but can you blame me?

Kale is working so much now. It comes and goes in spurts (overtime). I do fear him not being around when Ladybug is born. I mean of course he will be taking a week off when she is born but I am speaking about after he goes back to work. I will need help with the kids and all. I really wish he could take more time off but he just can't. My recovery from surgery will be a few weeks. I am so thankful of family right now. Knowing that Grandmas and Grandpas will be coming to help out. This means the world to us!!!

Kale is taking charge of things around the house right now.He is taking the time to fix all kinds of things. We both know that when Ladybug arrives that their will not be any time for the house.

We have also sort of just been hit with this count down. I mean we knew it was coming. 13 weeks sounds like a long time when you convert it into months but seriously. We don't have much time to finish preparing for Ladybugs arrival. I still have so much to do on my Preparing for Ladybug list. Kale has work and things around the house. We have the feeling that no matter how much we think we have "prepared" it's never enough. There is always something else we have to take care of.




Last but not least: Here are the proud parents to be:

26 weeks with our Ladybug
My hair is a mess. I don't even care at this point! I think this is the least of my worries these days :)


More to come.
Love always,
The Shank Family







1 comment :

  1. Thanks for keeping us updated on your pregnancy and the family. I love reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished